Sunday, August 23, 2009

Belgian Beer no.317: Malheur Cuvee Royale

This was a fantastic beer. First off, I had no idea Malheur was also brewing bubble-beers. We tried the Malheur 6° way back when. And then this!
Absolutely great beer. I probably liked it so much as it kind of tasted like a beery champagne. Probably not what you would like from either a beer. Or a champagne. But it really works. (Remember the Deus?)
We tried the Malheur Cuvee Royale. A blond and sparkly beer, brewed according to traditional methods and at 9.2% close to ... well, champagne. Now all I have to do is try and locate the other Malheur bubbles, the Brut and the Dark Brut.

4 comments:

Eduardo Deleuze said...

beautiful blog,
greetings from Argentina

CHRIS said...

Hello Andreea, nice report, I hope you to understand spanish and give yourself a trip to my blog
http://purabirria.blogspot.com
Cheers.

Barnaby said...

great blog. it is not to mention that Belgian Beers are rich in taste. I am very found of them and if i some time manage to have them with cuban cigar then it is my dream day.

Beer Planet said...

Hey Folks,

you should visit Beer Planet (see it at www.BeerPlanet.eu) in Brussels - the largest selection of Belgian beers ever. more than 1000 types!