Thursday, April 03, 2008

Belgian Beer no.202: Cookie Beer

The first beer from the Zythos Festival. Actually, it was the last one we tried but the way they uploaded on the blog makes this the first. Anyway, bla, bla, bla.
Cookie Beer by Brasserie d'Ecaussinnes. I think we might have visited this brewery. First time we tried the Cookie Beer though.
And here is my dilemma: I absolutely love speculoos. And I love beer. The two together? Not so sure. Don't get me wrong. I got all excited when I saw the combination and thought it was a great idea. I mean, hello?, bring together two Belgian trademarks - must be a match made in heaven.
Well, erm, no! Somehow it just didn't work. At 5% not a strong beer, but I wasn't sure I am eating/ drinking: cookie ... beer ... cookie ... beer. A little bit too confusing.

No comments: